Google dogs have a lot of features that let users rely on them a lot. It does not only let them notice their mistakes, but if they want someone else to know about their mistake, a person can simply mark the same. At that moment, it is essential to understand how to cross out text in google docs. If you have no idea how to do so, you are in the right place because here we are sharing details related to the same.
What is cross out in Google doc?
Crossout or strikethrough in Google doc is one and the same thing. It is the character format that can be applied to the text and a line appear over the selected text. It is basically a format, and if required, the same can be removed easily. There will be no need for a user to deal with this feature completely because it is optional. Sometimes if you have shared any document with someone and a person find out some mistakes in the same, they can strikethrough the text and put to the right the text in the comment section. One can easily consider it as an editing option too. Auburn can easily consider it as the tool to show all the updated ideas and add Emphasis as well.
Different methods are there that can allow users to do it easily. Let’s have a look at all of them.
Cross out text in Google Docs from the toolbar
At the very first, we discuss the strikethrough or cross out text in Google Docs with the help of the toolbar. For it, the steps are as follows:-
- Open the document. Make sure to open the right document in which you want to utilise the same. ( the document must be opened in Google Drive, and then only you have opened the Google docs)
- Highlight the text. ( for highlighting the text, just click and drag the mouse over the text you want to strikethrough and triple-click on the same paragraph anywhere) alternatively, you can simply click at the beginning of the sentence and hit on the shift key and then press the down arrow.
- Format the text by clicking on the format from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Strikethrough option is available select the same from the dropdown menu after clicking on the text.
- Now double-check the text, and a line highlighting the same will appear, which clearly indicates that you have used it efficiently.
Cross out text with the help of a keyboard shortcut in Google Docs
When you are looking for how to cross out text in google docs, we suggest you look forward to keyboard shortcuts as well. The same are as follows:-
Mac OS keyboard shortcut:
- At the very first, you need to highlight the word or phrase you want to strike through our cross out.
- Now hold command + shift + X
- Double-check the highlighted text, how to cross out text in google docs and it has a line through it
Windows and LINUX keyboard shortcut:
- Highlight the text you want to strikethrough or cross out
- Hit Alt + shift + 5
- Double-check the highlighted text
- Within no time, there will be a line passing through the text
These are some simple methods a user can follow whenever they are looking forward to . It is essential for them to understand that they are following the right stress because in case they are missing the steps, it will be difficult for them to get the results they were expecting.
Is it possible to undo strikethrough in Google Docs?
Yes, it is possible to undo the strikethrough in Google Docs. For the same are you just need to follow the same steps by selecting the strike-through text.
Is it possible to strikethrough text in Google sheet?
Yes, it is possible to strikethrough text in Google sheet. On the toolbar, there is an option available beside Italic for strikethrough a user just need to click on the same.
Here we have come to an end and discussed the details related to cross out text in Google Docs. If there’s any problem arising, just refresh the document and try the same again.
You may also like: What are the best mp3 rocket alternatives in different formats?